Stadler Rail Service UK Limited (SRS UK) is a subsidiary of Stadler, Switzerland. SRS UK provides a train maintenance service for a growing number of clients in the UK. In the next few years over 100 new Stadler trains will be joining the English railway network which signifies the start of an exciting future for Stadler in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a Country Director to lead the Maintenance activities across our numerous projects and depots. Our UK business region spans from Glasgow, down to Wales and Norwich. Although the location of this role is listed as Liverpool (our head office), the successful candidate will be expected to support all projects and regular travel will be expected.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Stadler Service Region West (Nederland, United Kingdom & United States), the successful candidate will lead the UK division of Stadler Rail Service. Founded in 2017, Stadler Rail Service UK has won a number of key contracts in the UK which has firmly established the business as leader in train maintenance provision. The Country Director will take overall responsibility for Stadler's future success in the UK, building on its current achievements and taking steps to lead Stadler UK into business maturity.
The Country Director will take responsibility for the Head Office team, consisting of Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Fleet Management, together with leading our Fleet Managers who are site based. With a sales of around £80 million, the Country Director will take overall responsibility for annual profitability targets.
You will know what great looks like and through the leadership of a large dedicated team will be able to work in a heavily regulated and scrutinised engineering environment to deliver positive outcomes.
• Ensure that Stadler meets its contractual obligations across its projects, represented by high availability targets
• Create a transformational leadership style that engages the current team and builds, motivates and positively influences a business change from the current to a future desire team organisation.
• Build relationships with and collaborates with train operators, the local transport authority and other key stakeholders for daily operational passenger service.
• Own the operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), profitability and project progress and associated action plans to address any identified issues.
• Drive continuous improvement and optimizing of the maintenance process
• Manage the team of direct reports, setting them goals, training and motivating them.
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive senior leadership experience in a manufacturing or maintenance environment, preferably rail
• Effective leadership skills, financial and commercial acumen
• Experience of working collaboratively with Trade Unions to achieve organisational goals.
• Experience of leading and delivering strategic change
• Engineering Degree level qualified or equivalent.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer focused with strong commercial awareness
• Ability to build strong (customer) relationships.
• Ability to manage customer expectations within a tight contractual framework.
• Competitive salary
• Company car / car allowance
• 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
• Competitive Pension scheme
• Life Assurance
Applicants should be motivated, professional and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of Stadlers journey into the UK market. In return, Stadler can offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join a fast growing worldwide business.
Candidates are required to submit a covering letter and CV detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and relevant experience. If these are not received then your application will not be processed further.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to work in the UK.
The closing date for this position is Sunday 16th February 2020.
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Details of this can be found in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website. By applying for a position, we will automatically assume you are agreeing to Stadler Rail Service UK collecting, using and storing your personal data in line with this Notice.
Stadler Rail Service UK Ltd, Kirkdale Train Depot,
L20 2BN Liverpool
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com