Stadler Rail Service UK Limited (SRS UK) is a subsidiary of Stadler, Switzerland. SRS UK provides a train maintenance service for a growing number of clients in the UK. In the next few years over 100 new Stadler trains will be joining the English railway network which signifies the start of an exciting future for Stadler in the UK.
at our Cardiff Canton TMD we are looking for a
Quality Health & Safety Environmental (QHSE) Support (Lead)
• Effective Management of the following key work streams on behalf of the relevant regional depot so as to ensure that both UK and Group Objectives and Targets including the delivery of new fleets/depots are achieved.
• Oversee all daily relevant QHSE activities within the respective regional locations and support the operations management team on a "as and when basis".
• Support the UK Business Systems Manager (BSM) in the continued improvements to the Business Management System.
• Development of the monthly regional QHSE Report and support the monthly functional review.
• Support the BSM in the management of internal audit process including systems audits and Health & Safety Environmental Security Tours respectively.
• Directly support 2nd / 3rd Party audit process with the BSM and regional team including the effective review, report out and robust closure of all Non-Conformances and observations raised.
• Lead incident/investigation process in full with the support of the regional management team including the identification of root cause and robust corrective and preventive action.
• Manage all relevant QHSE based meetings including the periodic HSE Committee meeting.
• Support the UK Head of QHSE in all relevant activities so as deliver the QHSE strategy for SR UK.
• Support the Standards and Legislation process including its communication ensuring that SRS UK are fully compliant with all Industry, UK and International standards and legislation.
• Support the UK Head of QHSE in developing and communicating monthly QHSE statistics.
• Provide effective QHSE Training and where required mentoring.
• Manage in full the regional risk assessment programme engaging with all key stakeholders.
• Identify and propose measures so as to continually improve existing QHSE based facilities, skill-sets and behaviours within the region.
• Support the UK Head of QHSE regarding the development of Project specific QHSE Plans for new projects within the UK.
• A minimum of 5 years working in a Quality/HSE discipline in a production/service environment preferably in a management role.
• Experience of working within the Railway sector or a similar regulated sector.
• Working knowledge of management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, EMC)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels including report writing.
• Strong customer focus and proven ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
• Flexible and able to Travel (National / International)
• Competent PC user with knowledge of MS Office.
• Qualified Internal Auditor.
• Minimum NEBOSH GC (or higher) in Health & Safety and/or Environmental.
• Relevant qualifications and experience in H&S legislative disciplines.
• Basic understanding of lean principles in an operational environment.
• Practical experience of structured problem solving.
Applicants should be motivated, professional and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of Stadlers journey into the UK market. In return, Stadler can offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join a fast growing worldwide business.
Candidates are required to submit a covering letter and CV detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and relevant experience. If these are not received then your application will not be processed further.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to work in the UK.
The closing date for this position is Friday 29th October 2021
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Details of this can be found in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website. By applying for a position, we will automatically assume you are agreeing to Stadler Rail Service UK collecting, using and storing your personal data in line with this Notice.
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com