Stadler, the system provider for customer-specific solutions in railway vehicle construction, has sites in Switzerland and internationally. We are a leading manufacturer of rail vehicles.
Stadler is a leading Passenger Train manufacturer established in Switzerland in 1942. In addition to our manufacturing and service locations throughout Europe, we recently built our North American headquarters in Salt Lake City. To help with our rapid growth, we are actively seeking individuals who want to be a part of a dedicated, hardworking team.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Intern supports the EHS Officer in all assigned tasks. The incumbent conducts periodic checks in these areas, and introduces constructive improvement approaches when needed or requested.
Environmental, Health and Safety Intern
- Creates procedures relating to the environment, health and safety and associated with company activities
- Assures compliance, and provides analytical as well as technical guidance related to OSHA
- Works independently and in a team to provide support where needed
- Supporting, creating and revising emergency concepts, including the safety policy
- Proposals for annual targets associated with environmental management and for the company
- Conducts periodical checks of environmentally relevant topics in all business units and plans
- Manages and directs environmental and safety audits
- Developing and maintaining workplace specifications for staff, including standard operating procedures, work instructions, waste concepts, policies, etc.
- Obtains emergency incident materials (First Aid Kits), and conducts regular checks to ensure that it is ready for operation
- Supports conducting facility and safety inspections to report on deviations from standards
- Prepare for and report on safety meetings, training and other pressing matters, including the creation and management of PowerPoint presentations.
- Environmental and Safety or other applicable experience
- Great people, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Must have a professional attitude and able to maintain confidentiality
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Must have terrific organizational, word processing, and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills – Proficient in Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook
- Must be proficient, detail-oriented, and work well under stress
- Knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 45001(OSHAS18001), and any other applicable standards
We offer an interesting challenge in a success-oriented company with a strong identity and good development opportunities.
Then do not miss the opportunity to advertise yourself. We look forward to receiving your complete online-application.
Stadler US Inc., Justin Neville, 5880 W 150 S,
Salt Lake City UT, firstname.lastname@example.org
801-854-7771 – extension 2929