Stadler Rail Service UK Limited (SRS UK) is a subsidiary of Stadler, Switzerland. SRS UK provides a train maintenance service for a growing number of clients in the UK. In the next few years over 100 new Stadler trains will be joining the English railway network which signifies the start of an exciting future for Stadler in the UK.
at our Canton Cardiff TMD we are looking for a
• Undertake maintenance (VMI), repairs and replacement of components
• Perform secondary checks of the work of colleagues (four-eyes principle)
• Undertake overhaul on systems which are done within the workshop (VOI)
• Answer questions from colleagues
• Provide assistance and technical feedback to the System Technicians and / or Shift Production manager
• Review and summarise executed work
• Observe rules and regulations related to health and safety practices, including a tidy workplace and disposing of substances with a high environmental impact
• The post holder determines the best possible order of tasks (e.g. arising out of VMI's) to be performed in consultation with the Shift Production Manager as well as how to work with the equipment available and the work instructions / maintenance list, based on knowledge and experience
• Served a recognised apprenticeship to minimum City and Guilds / BTEC level with Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic bias and NVQ level 4 or to a proven similar standard or equivalent experience (foundation degree started, for example)
• Extensive professional engineering experience in (rolling stock) maintenance or equivalent
• Able to read electrical / mechanical / pneumatic schematics competently
• Able to work with diagnostic software for regular maintenance tasks and post-testing
• Ability to work in a demanding environment and make decisions to tight deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team, going above and beyond where required
• Be able to pass and maintain all competencies required for the role
• Must demonstrate commitment to maintaining professional knowledge and ensure the depth of knowledge is maintained
• Can demonstrate a customer driven attitude focused on quality
• Willing to support colleagues
• Be willing to undergo more specialist training or courses (e.g. safety, section knowledge, train safety system, high voltage, power switching, management, on-the-job trainer, electronics, component courses)
• Experience of planning and scheduling work
Applicants should be motivated, professional and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of Stadlers journey into the UK market. In return, Stadler can offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join a fast growing worldwide business.
Candidates are required to submit a covering letter and CV detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and relevant experience. If these are not received then your application will not be processed further.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to work in the UK.
The closing date for this position is Friday 8th October 2021.
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Details of this can be found in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website. By applying for a position, we will automatically assume you are agreeing to Stadler Rail Service UK collecting, using and storing your personal data in line with this Notice.
Stadler Rail Service UK Ltd, Amelia Walsh, Kirkdale Train Depot,
L20 2BN Liverpoolamelia.email@example.com
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com