Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our NEW Salt Lake City facility.
Head of Production
- Participate in company management
- Manage department budget, workforce forecasting, and headcount planning
- Participate in hiring and training of new workforce to allow for growth, including strategy for career development of production workers
- Develop budget and cost estimates for new projects
- Ensure quality and on time performance
- Plan and implement lean manufacturing initiatives
- Support continuous improvement in production through operating procedures, implementation of best practices and related training through ongoing dialogue with operations personnel
- Develop and utilize proper metrics for measuring performance in the areas of quality, safety, cost management, capacity management, and operational efficiency
- Work with corporate leadership to incorporate new technology and processes into the facility, and implement a cost effective methodology to ensure successful implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or relevant field
- Minimum of 8 years leadership experience in manufacturing
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Proven success in cooperation and communication across various levels of corporate organization
- Analytical thinking and strategic reasoning skills
- Ability to plan and organize multiple activities concurrently
- Managing people - delegation and follow-up skills
- Rail and/or heavy manufacturing or assembly, aerospace or similar industry experience a plus
- German language knowledge a plus
What we offer
We provide an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the great benefits Stadler offers.
Then do not miss out on this great opportunity - APPLY TODAY!
Stadler US Inc., Sandy Gormley, 5880 W 150 S, Salt Lake City, UT firstname.lastname@example.org
801-854-7771 – extension 345