Stadler, the system provider for customer-specific solutions in railway vehicle construction, has sites in Switzerland and internationally. We are a leading manufacturer of rail vehicles. Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our Salt Lake City facility.
Head of Operations
- Contribute to Stadler US's growth and expansion as a member of the Stadler US Inc. Executive Board in an exciting and infrastructure-critical industry.
- Develop programs and initiatives to ensure the success of 250+ people.
- Act as the steward of the departmental budget; manage workforce forecasting, and headcount planning.
- Participate in the hiring and training of new workforce to allow for growth, including a strategy for career development of production workers.
- Participate in the budget and cost development estimates for new, innovative projects.
- Ensure quality and on time performance of multi-million dollar trainsets.
- Plan and implement lean manufacturing initiatives to advance overall profitability and operational efficiency.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the business through sound operating procedures, the implementation of best practices, development of related trainings and ongoing 360 degree dialogue with operations personnel.
- Develop and utilize proper metrics for measuring performance in the areas of quality, safety, cost management, capacity management, and operational efficiency.
- Work with corporate leadership to incorporate new technology and processes into the facility; implement a cost effective methodology to ensure successful implementation.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and quality control mechanisms to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or relevant field; graduate or advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive leadership in operations related field
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proven success in cooperation and communication across various levels of the organization
- Analytical thinking and strategic reasoning skills
- Exceptional at planning and organizing multiple activities concurrently
- Ability to lead and motivate across all levels of the organization
- Rail and/or heavy manufacturing or assembly, aerospace or similar industry experience a plus
- German language knowledge a plus
Our offer We offer an interesting challenge in a success-oriented company with a strong identity and good development opportunities.
Stadler US Employee Benefits Package Includes:
- Competitive Pay (yearly bonus potential)
- Low-cost, comprehensive Medical / Dental / Vision / Rx plans
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- 401k with employer match after only 90 days
- Generous Paid Time Off / 9 Paid Holidays / Extended Paid Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement / Paid Training / Career Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Overtime Opportunities
Then do not miss the opportunity to apply for this exciting opportunity. We look forward to receiving your complete online-application.
Stadler US Inc., 5880 W 150 S,
Salt Lake City UT, 84104