Stadler Rail Service UK Limited (SRS UK) is a subsidiary of Stadler, Switzerland. SRS UK provides a train maintenance service for a growing number of clients in the UK. In the next few years over 100 new Stadler trains will be joining the English railway network which signifies the start of an exciting future for Stadler in the UK.
At our Crown Point Depot in Norwich, we are looking for an Assistant to Head of Production to provide organisational and administration support to the Production Team. The successful candidate will be required to support the business in ensuring trains are provided as and when necessary, at all times meeting all criteria in the areas of product and people safety, reliability, environment and train presentation (interior & exterior).
Assistant to Head of Production
• Provide accurate and efficient support to the Head of Production, deputize for/support the HR & Payroll assistant, deputize for/support the Planner, support the Operational Excellence Manager.
• Minute taking, arranging meetings, diary co-ordination, data collection and documentation/presentation preparation.
• Ensure control of all meetings which the Head of Production is required to chair including booking venues, checking attendance and supplying information as required.
• Manage the issue and withdrawal of documents kept in the Technical Library.
• Control any company visitors/contractors on the depot.
• Assist with the processing/administration of maintenance records within the company asset management systems.
• Ensure industry, engineering and production best practice is followed and standards are met including, as a minimum, the contract requirements.
• Order of production office supplies and equipment.
• Administration of production notice boards.
• Fire Warden duties, as required.
• Carry out Planned General Inspections and quality checks of production processes.
• Observe all the rules and regulations related to health and safety practices, including a tidy workplace.
• Identify and manage personal effectiveness and development.
• Any other administration tasks as required.Organisational
• Attend training/meetings at the UK HQ in Liverpool as and when required.
• Assist in production improvement schemes.
• Design, construct and amend data tables and databases as required.
• Support the control and management of production tooling/ equipment.
• Identify and enable effective cross team organisation working relationships.
• Achieve individual and company targets on a continual basis.
• Undertake and support any activity that capabilities permit.
The above description only serves as a characterisation of the activities, and is not an exhaustive list. The job holder is therefore expected to also perform all other relevant work they are asked to do, within reason.
The successful candidate will possess the relevant skills and experience outlined below.Essential:
• 2 years' experience working in a supportive role
• Excellent IT skills including knowledge of HRIS and all Microsoft practises
• Excellent communication skills
• Planning and organising skills
• Ability to prioritise own workload
• Attention to detailDesirable:
• Knowledge of maintenance activities within a large multi-disciplined transport fleet.
• Ability to understand legislation and standards relating to people & product health and safety, production, technical and general transport matters.
• Experience of planning and scheduling work.
• Experience of LEAN processing and continuous improvement.
The post holder may be expected to work at any other location in the UK or Europe as may be required for training or carrying out duties. They must be able to act independently and set their own priorities while contributing to the Company's KPI's and values.
Applicants should be motivated, professional and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of Stadlers journey into the UK market. In return, Stadler can offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join a fast growing worldwide business.
Candidates are required to submit a covering letter and CV detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and relevant experience. If these are not received then your application will not be processed further.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to work in the UK.
The closing date for this position is Friday 20th September 2019.
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Details of this can be found in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website. By applying for a position, we will automatically assume you are agreeing to Stadler Rail Service UK collecting, using and storing your personal data in line with this Notice.
Stadler Rail Service UK Ltd, Wallasey Bridge Road,
CH41 1EB Birkenheadfay.email@example.com
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com