Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. We will be delivering four (4) FLIRT passenger rail vehicles to the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) for the new Commuter Train service. To help fulfill this demand, we are opening a commissioning and warranty office that will service the new trains in San Bernardino, CA, and will need to fill the following role:
Site Manager / Commissioning Field Engineer
- Primary customer contact regarding warranty and operation issues
- Commissioning, troubleshooting, repair and modifying of the vehicles
- Planning, controlling and supervision of onsite activities
- Working supervisor of additional (1-4) employees onsite
- Assist project management to fulfill contractual obligations
- Report writing, including: weekly performance report, RAMS reporting, etc.
- Customer training
- Travel within US (approx. 10%), International (several months initial training in Salt Lake City)
- Managing of spare parts and tool inventory
- Budget and cost responsibility
- Bachelor's degree (or similar international technical degree) in engineering. (Electrical preferred)
- Preferably previous experience in assembly, commissioning and testing of railcars or equivalent complex machinery.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex electrical, electronic and mechanical systems.
- Skilled in using modern control- and power systems, vehicle- and brake controls including diagnostic and maintenance software.
- Highly reliable, great learning skills, management skills and ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to work and coordinate in a small group, but also to work independently.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Languages: Fluent in English
What we offer
We provide an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the great benefits Stadler offers.
Then do not miss out on this great opportunity - APPLY TODAY!
Stadler US Inc., Megan Ware, 5880 W 150 S,
Salt Lake City, UT 84104