Stadler Rail Service UK Limited (SRS UK) is a subsidiary of Stadler, Switzerland. SRS UK provides a train maintenance service for a growing number of clients in the UK. In the next few years over 100 new Stadler trains will be joining the English railway network which signifies the start of an exciting future for Stadler in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a HR Assistant to work at our depot at Norwich Crown Point. The role forms part of the centralised HR Function however the successful candidate will be the HR contact for the site and must be comfortable to work independently.
The central HR Function consists of a UK Based HR Manager and HR Business Partner and a HR Assistant at each of our sites (Liverpool, Newcastle and Norwich). The vacancy at Norwich Crown Point will report directly to the HR Business Partner. Whilst the team is spread out across the UK, the HR Assistants work together and support each other with tasks when needed. This a fast paced environment and no two days are the same. Appropriate candidates will have excellent prioritisation skills and be flexible in their approach to work.
Due to the nature of the business, the HR Assistant may be expected to support staff on night shifts from time to time. The role also covers three line of route locations (Norwich, Ipswich and London Liverpool Street Stations) and you will be required to travel to these locations when necessary.
Whilst CIPD qualifications are desirable, the company would be willing to support the successful candidate through relevant HR qualifications.
• HR system administration- keeping records up to date for circa 100 employees.
• Recruitment administration- assisting with advertising, sifting, arranging interviews, supporting managers during the interview and providing candidate feedback.
• Produce employment contracts for Norwich depot based and associated Line of Route roles.
• Undertake inductions for all new members of staff within Norwich and Line of Route locations including adding new staff members to the time and attendance system and ensuring completion of required documentation.
• Issuing of staff cards, including ID, time and attendance and safety cards.
• Lead on admin for probation related benefits such as a health care scheme.
• Be the main contact with our Occupational Health provider and supporting managers with arranging appointments, medicals and medichecks.
• Ensuring medicals for safety critical workers are undertaken in line with periodic requirements
• Arranging for random D&A (drug and alcohol testing) to be carried out.
• Manage the sickness absence process for all staff within Norwich and associated Line of Route Stations.
• Support with employee relations issues such as grievance, disciplinary and investigations. Including taking accurate minutes of meeting, providing HR policy advice and support for management.
• Attendance at Local Level Trade Union meetings from a HR perspective.
• Processing of leaver process including documentation and exit interviews.
• Produce monthly reports for HR BP, Finance, HSE and Group.
• Support the wider management team with minutes, letters and diary coordination as and when required.
• Comply with GDPR guidelines to ensure documentation is stored and archived correctly.
• Any other administration tasks as required.
2 years' previous experience working in a fast-paced office environment
Able to grasp new concepts quickly
Ability to prioritise own workload
Flexible approach to working
Excellent IT skills including knowledge of HRIS and all Microsoft practises
Excellent communication skills
Knowledge of basic HR practises such as absence management, disciplinary and grievance
2 years' experience working in a HR environment
CIPD Level 3 Qualifications
Trade Union experience would be an advantage
Applicants should be motivated, professional and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of Stadlers journey into the UK market. In return, Stadler can offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join a fast growing worldwide business.
Candidates are required to submit a covering letter and CV detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and relevant experience. If these are not received then your application will not be processed further.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to work in the UK.
The closing date for this position is Friday 30th July 2021.
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Details of this can be found in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website. By applying for a position, we will automatically assume you are agreeing to Stadler Rail Service UK collecting, using and storing your personal data in line with this Notice.
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com