Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our NEW Salt Lake City facility.
Director of Finance
- Participate in regular project budget reviews to evaluate headcount, cost reduction, budget planning, and cost to completion
- Apply business and financial acumen to support various levels of Operation and Financial decisions makers with data, analysis, metrics, process creation/improvement and operating model alignment
- Direct the work in performing accounts payable and receivable
- Perform the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing
- Oversee and direct inventory costing, purchasing, real estate and property, and insurance activities.
- Recommend economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the company
- Support Project Management in the holistic analysis of market and P&L performance of projects
- Direct preparation of reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial key performance indicators
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies including compliance with government cost accounting principles and GAAP
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendation for process and procedure improvements
- Hire, train, and develop employees in order to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives
- MBA and 5-6 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Financial Accounting with 7-8 years of relevant experience required
- Strong background in US tax laws required
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Proven success in cooperation and communication across various levels of corporate organization
- Analytical thinking and strategic reasoning skills
- Ability to plan and organize multiple activities concurrently
- Managing people - delegation and follow-up skills
- Rail and/or heavy manufacturing or assembly, aerospace or similar industry experience a plus
- German language knowledge a plus
What we offer
We provide an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the great benefits Stadler offers.
Then do not miss out on this great opportunity - APPLY TODAY!
Stadler US Inc., Sandy Gormley, 5880 W 150 S, Salt Lake City, UT firstname.lastname@example.org
801-854-7771 – extension 345