The post holder is responsible to his/her manager for the health, safety and welfare of himself/herself, colleagues, contractors, customers or general public through any deficiencies of the required standard of the post holder.
• The post holder must take measures to ensure that he/she fully understands any references in publications issued to or to which access or extracts are provided which relates to their particular tasks or responsibilities.
• The post holder must fully report all accidents currently to his/her Manager and complete all necessary related documentation.
• The post holder must attend safety briefings and raise any concerns about safety standards.
• The Post holder should make him/herself aware of the names of those trained in First Aid. Local arrangements are detailed in the Local safety Policy Statement and are exhibited on Company notice boards.
• The post holder has a responsibility for fire, fire prevention and security by making him/herself aware of any evacuation plan and reporting suspicious objects to his/her manager.
• Ensure that trains that go into service are safe to do so in accordance with the safety requirements laid down in the relevant technical documentation, and that work is carried out in accordance with local safety and quality procedures.
• Assist Technicians & work independently in carrying out routine maintenance, repair, faultfinding, modifications, and special checks on Class 507/508 EMU's and other rolling stock as instructed.
• Ensure all documentation is completed correctly and PM/MTS is advised on completion of work
• Ensure you maintain your working environment and equipment in a clean and safe condition.
• Carry out all tasks as requested by the PM/MTS according to personal competency and agreed list of duties appropriate to role as specified in the WRI Agreement Documentation