Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our NEW Salt Lake City facility.
What we offer
We provide an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the great benefits Stadler offers.
As a System Engineer, you will be a viable member of a team focused on creating highly efficient design plans for building state-of-the-art passenger trains. If you have experience in any of the following systems this is the career for you: Doors, Pneumatics, Brake, Interior or Exterior (System Integration), Electric and Lighting, Passenger Information, Positive Train Control or Seating Systems.
System Engineer (f/m)
- Create concepts, specifications and technical documentations
- Coordinate with procurement and production to ensure quality and functionality of the project system
- Follow scheduling, budgetary goals and guidelines
- Support Procurement, Production, Commissioning and Type Testing departments
- Collaborate with suppliers and Certification Authorities in an international environment
- Interpret and incorporate local and federal as well as customer requirements into system design
- Integrate the system design into the vehicle
- Ensure compliance to customer requirements, considering applicable standards, laws and national requirements
- Take ownership of the design, documentation and function of sub-systems
- Responsible for performing FAI's for the designed systems, if necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical or electrical)
- System specialist with proof of experience in systems engineering and integration in a complex environment
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in railway, defense, aerospace or equal
- Structured to manage integration of multiple projects, conduct testing and prepare all deliverables associated within the system
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with strong teamwork skills
- Business fluent in English (German preferred)
- Willingness to relocate to Salt Lake City for at least 2 to 3 years, beginning June, 2019
Stadler US is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stadler US is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.
Then do not miss the opportunity to advertise yourself. We look forward to receiving your complete online-application.
Stadler US Inc.
Phone: +1 (385) 212-7382