- Provide professional leadership and high level expertise in the design of safety critical signalling systems and equipment, including the software and hardware aspects of a diverse range of mission-critical signalling systems.
- Develop and co-ordinate the technical aspects and strategies for all Signalling-related technologies
- Understand customer needs, contribute innovative solutions to complex technical problems and defend them to the relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the technical leadership team, reporting to the CTO, and multiply your knowledge to the Engineering department
- Guide project teams to implement and execute solutions seamlessly
- Experience in a senior role for ETCS system integration or CBTC development (>10 years of experience) with a proven track record
- Understanding of systems engineering with system safety analysis and development of safety cases.
- Extensive knowledge in developing and implementing standards and procedures for signalling systems, safety cases and processes.
- High skill level in the design and checking of complex signalling designs, including a proven track record of resolving problems to improve the performance of the signalling system.
- Experience in particular with integration of ETCS OBUs with STMs and into vehicles, or development of CBTC solutions (communication, positioning, ATS) and integration into a vehicle
- Experience with support in bids, creating technical concepts, labor estimates and bills of materials
- Successful project management record
- High communication skills to effectively liaise with other divisions, contractors, suppliers, regulatory authorities, users and trade staff in the introduction of new technologies, in particular ETCS and other signalling technologies
- High skill level in planning and undertaking professional work without direct supervision and in exercising initiative
- Track record in delivering in unstructured situations and identifying opportunities to leverage your experience
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker, understanding and evaluating the potential impact of decisions
- Motivated, proactive and flexible personality
- Excellent verbal and written skills in German and English, further languages are advantageous
- Completed technical studies (ETH/TU/FH or comparable)
- Knowledge of the relevant technical tools as well as MS office