Stadler Rail Service UK Limited (SRS UK) is a subsidiary of Stadler, Switzerland. SRS UK provides a train maintenance service for a growing number of clients in the UK. In the next few years over 100 new Stadler trains will be joining the English railway network which signifies the start of an exciting future for Stadler in the UK. Stadler Rail Service UK are seeking to recruit an experienced Head of Performance to lead and manage the performance team, ensuring the business meets contractual levels of performance including but not limited to; Safety, Reliability, Train Presentation, Availability on a 24-7 basis on our Merseyrail Project.
The successful candidate will support the business in ensuring trains are provided as and when necessary, at all times meeting all criteria in the areas of product and people safety, reliability, environment and train presentation (interior & exterior as required). Ensuring industry, engineering and production best practice and standards.
They will provide robust leadership and management through a base professional production delivery know-how and competency, people and product safety culture, coupled with a continual improvement mind-set and client and end-user focused attitude. Must be able to act independently and set their own priorities while contributing to the Company's KPI's and values.
Head of Performance
- Managing performance staff to ensure effective and efficient service delivery
- Achieving the targets set by the contract and Stadler management and industry standards
- Where targets not fully achieved, reasons analysed and actions put in place to prevent generic reoccurrence
- Focus the team to adhere to quality, standards and safety procedures
- Support and develop the team by a combination of coaching, mentoring, succession planning and performance management
- Build and maintain good relationship with colleagues and the customer
- Responsible for communicating the vision and implementing and maintaining the policy of SRSUK
- Contract interface for on-site activities, performance and warranty
- Execution of performance, training and QA activities to contract
- Deliver an efficient and effective service, focused on the customer
- Understanding and experience with production technique and process
- Provide on-call support
- Management of performance regime to ensure targets are achieved
- Support the development and implementation of standards and procedures in accordance with legal, legislative and moral obligations of Stadler
- Oversee reporting for example on safety failures and incidents and various management reports. Provide weekly, monthly & quarterly reports regarding contract specific (financial) agreements
- Responsible for adhering to safety / quality systems and support the implementation thereof
- Monitor the agreements made with the customer and suppliers
- Provide subject matter expert input into UK and global production systems
- Initiate and where authorised implement action to prevent the occurrence of product non-conformances (non-compliance), rail safety, HSQ&E incidents, process deficiencies or system deficiencies.
- Annual identification and quantification of risks in order to complete the risk register.
- Ensure investigations are carried out in accordance with procedures, and corrective actions are completed within the specified timeframe
- Adequately deputise for Engineering Director on a short/medium term basis
- Lead the SRS UK journey towards the global service lead in production delivery systems, process and techniques.
- Formal education at least to BEng (hons) or equivalent standard in an appropriate subject matter.
- Must be able to prove extensive knowledge of rolling stock maintenance
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing performance of staff
- Proven experience in leading teams and planning and engaging with stakeholders
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and make decisions to tight deadlines
- Can demonstrate a customer driven attitude focused on quality
- As part of the SRS UK management team, it is essential to have experience of managing at a senior level
- Proven Experience of working in a changing environment and steering that change
- Proven ability to understand complex production designs, reports, recommendations, investigations that may have impact to the safe and cost effective production operation and client operation
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, difficult and political discussions with key stakeholders, including with internal functional areas of the business, as well as external agencies
- Demonstrated ability to inform, negotiate and persuade all levels of a business from MD to production Operatives and Technical persons.
- Financial and budget management skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation and standards relating to people & product health and safety, production, technical and general transport matter
- Risk identification, assessment, mitigating and documenting all manner of risks to demonstrate compliance with relevant legislation and become the basis of safe systems of work.
- Demonstrate a passion for continual improvement, people development, operational excellence and end user experience
- Good level of IT skill including Microsoft packages
- Proven experience in the introduction of new trains and warranty management
- Proven extensive experience in a large engineering environment with a focus on production, through-life support
- Knowledge of maintenance activities with a large multi-disciplined transport fleet.
- Experience in an operational transport and production environment
- Knowledge and experience in advanced Lean, Kaizen, 5S and other modern production techniques
- Knowledge and experience in conducting and leading complex root cause investigations
- Strong knowledge, experience and understanding of risk and safety in the workplace, within a transport environment and from a production perspective
- Clear understanding of the principles of production techniques and process's and the interaction between the functions across the business
- Proven experience of identifying, assessing and mitigating all manner of risks and documenting risk registers to demonstrate compliance and become the basis of safe systems of work
- Formal education at least to HNC or equivalent standard in an appropriate subject matter
Applicants should be motivated, professional and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of Stadler's journey into the UK market. In return, Stadler can offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join a fast growing worldwide business.
Candidates are required to submit a covering letter and CV detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and relevant experience. If these are not received then your application will not be processed further.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to work in the UK.
The closing date for this position is Tuesday 27th August 2019.
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Details of this can be found in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website. By applying for a position, we will automatically assume you are agreeing to Stadler Rail Service UK collecting, using and storing your personal data in line with this Notice.
Stadler Rail Service UK Ltd, Fay Ball, Wallasey Bridge Road,
CH41 1EB Birkenheadfay.firstname.lastname@example.org
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com