Stadler Rail Service UK Limited (SRS UK) is a subsidiary of Stadler, Switzerland. SRS UK provides a train maintenance service for a growing number of clients in the UK. In the next few years over 100 new Stadler trains will be joining the English railway network which signifies the start of an exciting future for Stadler in the UK.
at our Canton Cardiff Depot we are looking for a
Deputy Head of Performance
- Leading and management of the performance team, delivering against contractual requirements for safety, reliability and environment.
- Support the business in ensuring trains are provided to meet and exceed the agreed standards at all times.
- Ensuring industry, engineering and production best practices are applied in an effective manner.
- Provide robust leadership, management and guidance through a base professional experience and competency.
- Creating an inclusive, people and product safety culture
- Maintain a continual improvement mind-set, client and end-user focused attitude.
- Acting independently within and actively contributing to the Company's KPI's and values.
- In depth knowledge of rolling stock maintenance principles
- Has experience and knowledge of the operational railway
- HNC or HND qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Have a under pinning knowledge within engineering and electrical discplines
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing staff directly and indirectly
- Experience in engaging with stakeholders and external Rail Authorities both engineering and commercially
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and make decisions to tight deadlines
- Can demonstrate a customer driven attitude with a focus on quality
- Flexible approach willing to support colleagues in other departments as required
- Experience of managing at a senior level, including inter department political and difficult discussions
- Ability to operate in a changing environment, promoting and steering that change
- Ability to understand complex production designs, reports, recommendations.
- Carry out investigations that may have impact to the safe and cost effective production operation and client operation
- Financial and budget management skills as required.
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation and standards relating to people & product health and safety, production, technical and general transport matter
- Risk and Hazzrd identification, assessment, mitigating and documenting to demonstrate compliance with relevant legislation and become the basis of safe systems of work.
- Demonstrate a passion for continual improvement, people development, operational excellence and end user experience
- Good level of IT skill including Microsoft packages
- Experience in the introduction of new trains and commissioning management
- Experience in a large engineering environment with a focus on production, through-life support
- Knowledge of maintenance activities with a large multi-disciplined transport fleet.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced Lean, Kaizen, 5S and other lean techniques
- Knowledge and experience in conducting and leading complex root cause investigations
- Strong knowledge, experience and understanding of risk and safety in the workplace, within a transport environment and from a production perspective
- Clear understanding of the principles of production techniques and process's and the interaction between the functions across the business
This is a varied role on offer, with the ability to develop further responsibilities in the future. Applicants should be motivated, professional and passionate individuals who are interested in being part of Stadlers journey into the UK market. In return, Stadler can offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join a fast growing worldwide business.
Candidates are required to submit a covering letter and CV detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and relevant experience. If these are not received then your application will not be processed further.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to work in the UK.
The closing date for this position is 25/11/2021.
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Details of this can be found in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website. By applying for a position, we will automatically assume you are agreeing to Stadler Rail Service UK collecting, using and storing your personal data in line with this Notice.
Stadler Rail Service UK Ltd, Amelia Walsh, Kirkdale Train Depot,
L20 2BN Liverpoolamelia.email@example.com
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com