Stadler, the system provider for customer-specific solutions in railway vehicle construction, has sites in Switzerland and internationally. We are a leading manufacturer of rail vehicles.
Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our Salt Lake City facility.
As a Systems Buyer you are responsible for management and procurement of major components in the project. You will ensure that all processes meet both internal and external requirements. If you are an experienced buyer who wants to be part of a team that builds high quality, state of the art passenger trains, this is your career.
- Organizes procurement of major components for multi-million dollar trainsets
- Negotiates high value commercial contracts
- Adhere to the project budget and always promote Stadler's best interest
- Participate in pooling negotiations, as assigned
- Focus on project timeline and holding major component suppliers to schedule
- Independently obtains bids, negotiates prices, and creates purchase orders
- Maintains master data in the ERP system
- Manages a high procurement volume
- Assures timely product delivery and product availability
- Minimum of an Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- 2+ years purchasing experience in relevant industry
- Project Management Experience required
- Resilient and independent personality
- Strong organizational skills and efficient working methods
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and ERP system (preferable Infor COM)
- Cross-functional thinker and quick learner
- Be excited by working across multiple time zones
- German language is a plus
We offer an interesting challenge in a success-oriented company with a strong identity and good development opportunities.
What we offer
- Competitive Pay (yearly bonus potential)
- Low-cost, comprehensive Medical / Dental / Vision / Rx plans
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- 401k with employer match after only 90 days
- Generous Paid Time Off / 9 Paid Holidays / Extended Paid Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement / Paid Training / Career Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus Program
Stadler US is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stadler US is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local laws
Then do not miss the opportunity to apply. We look forward to receiving your complete online-application.
Stadler US Inc., 5880 W 150 S,
Salt Lake City UT, 84104