The NCR and Claims Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all products meet both internal and external requirements and specifications. In this role, the specialist takes ownership of the negotiations, invoicing, and credit memo creation to suppliers, in order to rectify finances related to non-conformances. The individual participates in continuous improvement and reporting initiatives critical to the daily operations of Procurement and Program Management. This position requires strong attention to detail with reports and internal communication.
- Monitor the non-conformance process and escalate issues that are not resolved in a timely manner. Drive the recovery of costs to return money to the project budgets.
- Review of NCRs, reports, and completion of information for billing.
- Communicate both internally and externally regarding recovery of claim moneys and percentage of recovery. Managing across departments for internal recovery of money to specific projects.
- Monitor ongoing non-conformances, billing/invoicing, develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and maintain statistics regarding these.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Create and utilize NCRs, NCR Invoices and Credit Memos.
- Responsibility for negotiation of costs associated with NCR claims.
- Identify, report and recommend solutions for any NCR invoice recovery issues.
- Coordinate and work with the Finance department for billing and invoice related topics
- Assure consistent updates of required reporting
- Maintain contact with external suppliers to continually ensure timely closure of topics including invoicing, and establishing good relationships.
- Training new TEC Users and providing support as needed.
- Ability to think in a systematic manner (across process, business unit and location boundaries) and develop this skill.
- Able to provide assistance and support in and during the continuous improvement activities
- Actively pursuing and maintaining accountability with deadlines.
- Actively following up with other departments in order to achieve satisfactory closure of any given topics.