Stadler Rail Group, the system provider for customer-specific solutions in railway vehicle construction, has sites in Switzerland and internationally. We are a leading manufacturer of rail vehicles.
Senior Lead Commissioning Engineer
As a Commissioning Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery, testing and troubleshooting of passenger trains. It will include working on modern electrical and electronic equipment, troubleshooting complex electrical circuits, loading Software on to PLC's and any other related work to Electrical Commissioning of a rail car. You will ensure that all processes meet our quality standards and are adhered to. If you are an experienced Testing - or Field Engineer and also have expertise in managing employees and projects who wants to be part of a team that builds high quality, state of the art passenger trains, this is your career!
• Commissioning, troubleshooting, repair and modifying of Diesel rail cars (DMU's).
• Primary customer contact regarding warranty and operations issues.
• Managing, controlling and supervision of onsite activities, including resources and staffing planning.
• Working supervisor of additional (1-4) employees onsite.
• Assist project management to fulfill contractual obligations.
• Report writing, including: weekly performance report, RAMS reporting, etc.
• Organizing and Conducting training of customer staff.
• Travel within US (approx. 10%), (several months initial training in Salt Lake City).
• Managing of spare parts and tool inventory.
• Budget and cost responsibility.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Vocational training and previous experience as an Electrician, Journeyman or related field.
• Bachelor's degree (or similar international technical degree) in engineering. (electrical preferred)
• Preferably previous experience in assembly, commissioning and testing of railcars or equivalent complex machinery.
• Previous accomplishment in starting up small operations at customer's site.
• Experience in troubleshooting complex electrical, electronic and mechanical systems.
• Skilled in using modern control- and power systems, vehicle- and brake controls including diagnostic and maintenance software.
• Experience in Passenger Rail Software Tools: STO3, Multirec, EVA.
• Goal-oriented and structured approach in a dynamic environment.
• Highly reliable, great learning skills, management skills and ability to lead cross functional teams.
• Ability to work and coordinate in a small group, but also to work independently.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Quick comprehension and adaptability
• Languages: Fluent in English and German (preferred).
We offer an interesting and challenging position in an international, success oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the benefits you will get.
Please provide a cover letter and resume (C.V.) to email@example.com
Stadler US Inc., Trinidy Manning, 900 North 500 West,
84116 Salt Lake City UTtrinidy.firstname.lastname@example.org
A Company of Stadler Rail Group - www.stadlerrail.com